Monday, August 23, 2010

Lucy Day!








We finally have her! At 2:30 today we met Lucy for the very first time. The room was crowded with other families getting their children and Daren and I were so nervous we didn’t know how to feel. Then, we saw a little girl standing with 2 adults and we thought it was Lucy so we asked our guide and she said it was her. We all ran over to see her and Daren videoed while I knelt down and she said, “mama.” I thought I was going to lose it, but I managed to compose myself. She had a bag full of the things we had sent to her and she showed it all to us. She didn’t shed one tear!

Since then, we have gone grocery shopping, played in the hotel room, and gone to dinner and now she is asleep and she still hasn’t shown any signs of grieving. We are so happy that she is doing so well, but we are still waiting for reality to set in for her.

This little girl can EAT! She has snacked on everything she can find. She ate a peach all the way down to the bare seed. She is very thoughtful and wants to share every bite of food with us. She calls us all by our Chinese family names (Mama for Mommy, Baba for Daddy, Gege for Big Brother, and Didi for Little Brother.) She is learning that her name is Lucy and she will say it then laugh.

Jude and Will are doing well, too. They still can’t believe that she is finally here and neither can we!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! She is gorgeous!!!!! Yay for Lucy day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Yay!! Yay!! Oh my gosh...getting teary-eyed here. :) Can't wait to see you guys and meet Lucy! Thinking about you all lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just sent you an email to see if you had her and then i thought i'd check here. happy for you all! nice photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer - So happy for you all!!! Lucy is such a pretty girl and she is glowing with excitement - as are all of you!

    Enjoy these wonderful times - and who knows, maybe we see you in Hawaii!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer!
    Ya!! She is so beautiful!!
    I showed Isabella how ZiFang now has a MaMa and BaBa and a GeGe just like her!
    I am so happy for all of you!
    Also, I noticed her bathtub picture- did she do her hair like that on top of her head? Isabella did that the first night we got her!
    Congratulations.
    Much love!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you warm congratulations Jennifer and family! That's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just put two and two together and realized that your Lucy is from the same orphanage as our two boys! Tessa whom you are also with right now is a foster sister with our boys! Hope your trip is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennifer! I just wanted to say congratulations! Lucy is so cute! I know you are all so excited. Can't wait to hear more updates.
    Angelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. So CUTE! Her little hair pinned over to the side reminds me of someone else I know...LOL! So glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! We are so thrilled for you and can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! I'm so very, very excited for you! She's precious! Her smile is beautiful! Love the first family photo.

    ReplyDelete